Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nbz78

Schedule Refresh stopped working and this error occured

Hi all,

My dashboard in PBI Service has stopped refresh automatically and I received this error message. I've tried refresh it manually using desktop and it seems okay without any error. Based on the error message, I didn't change any password recently. I'm not sure what causes this issue. 

Nbz78_0-1714385839166.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Nbz78 

Thanks for the reply from @3CloudThomas , please allow me to add to it:

The error message you're encountering might be related to expired or invalid credentials stored in the Power BI service. Navigate to the dataset settings in the Power BI service and verify that the credentials are still valid under the Data source credentials section. If they've expired or changed, you may need to re-enter them. For more details on managing data source credentials, see the following documents:

Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the data source requires a gateway to refresh, make sure the gateway is online and up to date. Sometimes, stale or offline gateways can cause refresh issues.

Review the refresh history, which provides a deeper understanding of what might be causing a refresh to fail.

Sometimes, clearing your internet browser cache can fix unexpected issues. After the cache is cleared, sign in to Power BI again and try to configure scheduled refresh.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

This error is coming from the gateway. Go to the gateway and update the OAuth connection to a service account. You might be using a users account and password and that expired.

Aso, if you are using a service provider, then you have to code a mechanism to refresh the token every hour.

Power BI dataset refresh: use service principal to... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors