Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

niksok11
Frequent Visitor

Report Usage Metric - automatic refresh

Hi,

I have created a Report Usage Metrics showing the usage data of my main report. I'am not able to find any info about auto refresh this Report Usage Metric data. I cannot find Semantic Model to this report even If I saved it into my premium workspace. Is it auto refreshing every set time interval or do I have to generate a new Usage Metrics Report when I want to see the new data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @niksok11 

The Report Usage Metrics in Power BI are designed to auto-refresh daily. This means you do not need to manually generate a new Usage Metrics Report to see updated data.

The metrics report relies on a semantic model that Power BI automatically creates and refreshes on a daily basis to ensure you have the latest usage data available.

However, the semantic model that uses the metrics is managed by Power BI and is not exposed directly to the user like other datasets, so you don't see it.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @niksok11 

The Report Usage Metrics in Power BI are designed to auto-refresh daily. This means you do not need to manually generate a new Usage Metrics Report to see updated data.

The metrics report relies on a semantic model that Power BI automatically creates and refreshes on a daily basis to ensure you have the latest usage data available.

However, the semantic model that uses the metrics is managed by Power BI and is not exposed directly to the user like other datasets, so you don't see it.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors