Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

amatulis
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh Failure - Datasources: CDS/Dataverse and local SQL Server

Hi Community -

I have a report that has historically been just data from a local SQL datasource, refreshing normally via enterprise gateway.

We recently got CRM Dynamics 365 and I have merged some data into the file using DataVerse/CommonDataService. 

The file refreshes normally via the desktop but now fails in the service (The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support).  

I have other reports that refresh using DataVerse just fine, though none that use multiple datasources like this one does, the other reports are just Dynamics-Only.

Relevant workflow info:  I imported 3 tables from Dynamics and then merged them into my SQL source table as I only needed a couple fields from them.  Is this my issue?  Can you not merge CDS data and local SQL data togther?  While I try to figure this out I have been manually refreshing the desktop PBIX file and then pushing it out to the service again so users can have fresh data. 

I also have enabled the checkbox on the gateway about allowing users' cloud sources to refresh with no luck. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amatulis
Helper I
Helper I

Fixed my own problem by doing a Save As and publshing a whole new Report with the same file.

Everything refreshes just fine now.

So I am assuming there was some kind of caching issue with my old report where the data sources were not updating with my changes.   Hopefully this info helps someone else.   Kind of a pain for users to have a new URL/re-add to favorites but better than refresh being broken. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amatulis
Helper I
Helper I

Fixed my own problem by doing a Save As and publshing a whole new Report with the same file.

Everything refreshes just fine now.

So I am assuming there was some kind of caching issue with my old report where the data sources were not updating with my changes.   Hopefully this info helps someone else.   Kind of a pain for users to have a new URL/re-add to favorites but better than refresh being broken. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors