Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cbtekrony
Resolver I
Resolver I

Redshift with Power Query

I have set up a Power Query connection with Redshift, however once I upload it to the service I get the following errors. My credentials are correct and I've reentered them several times to the semantic model to no avail. I do not need a Gateway since it's a Redshift connection so I shouldn't have to set one up. I've googled this and can't seem to find the fix. 

2024-03-15_15-21-39.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cbtekrony ,

In Power Query Desktop, go to File > Options and Settings > Data Source Settings. Under Global permissions, select any old Amazon Redshift data source connections and click on Clear Permission. Then reconnect to your Redshift database and try it again.

vyilongmsft_1-1711005777831.png

Mazon Redshift has a per-user connection limit. Ensure that you do not have this limit. Also you can check if there are any locks or active transactions on the data source side. Maybe this two documents can help you: Power Query Amazon Redshift connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn and Solved: redshift Connection (Fatal Error: Too many connect... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

You also need to specify advanced options such as the server port.

vyilongmsft_2-1711006455357.png

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cbtekrony ,

In Power Query Desktop, go to File > Options and Settings > Data Source Settings. Under Global permissions, select any old Amazon Redshift data source connections and click on Clear Permission. Then reconnect to your Redshift database and try it again.

vyilongmsft_1-1711005777831.png

Mazon Redshift has a per-user connection limit. Ensure that you do not have this limit. Also you can check if there are any locks or active transactions on the data source side. Maybe this two documents can help you: Power Query Amazon Redshift connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn and Solved: redshift Connection (Fatal Error: Too many connect... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

You also need to specify advanced options such as the server port.

vyilongmsft_2-1711006455357.png

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi
Otherwise you can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors