Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nithishram

Problem with the report url

I've observed a change in the URLs of Power BI reports. In the latest version, the 'ReportSection' segment seems to be missing. Previously, the URLs followed this format:
https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/b7dea1d4-d9f0-47aa-a88d-xxxxxxxxxxxx/ReportSection2?
However, in the latest version, it's structured differently, like so: 
https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/b7dea1d4-d9f0-47aa-a88d-xxxxxxxxxxxx/2?

Please confirm if there have been any updates or changes related to the 'ReportSection' in the latest version of Power BI?

8 REPLIES 8
BHP-Banksy

Same issue, normally the page with no 'ReportSection' part in the URL is the first page (makes sense).

Now it's the tab part way through my tabs (somewhere in the middle), this tab/URL happens to be the the most recently modified/duplicated tab which I have published if that helps to ID the problem.

I need the embedded URL to be correct for embedded PowerPoint PowerBI Addins.

SaiTejaTalasila
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

I'm not seeing any changes in our report URL's.But few days back I have seen changes in the URL's while using bookmarks in one my report.As per my knowledge there will be impact on embedded reports/embedded visuals incase if there is such changes.In our tenant we have 10k+ users no one reported it.

KristinF

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution for this ? 

yeah i have modified the regular expression.

May I ask how/what you did?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I have never seen ReportSection2  - are you on GCC ?

No i am just using that for example 

Please use more realistic examples.

Cannot reproduce yet, but there was a recent service change to New version: 13.0.23168.59 , so that might be related.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors