Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI license for paginated reports & subscribe to the report

Hi Experts,

I have few clarification on the license to develop and consume paginated report.

1. Can a pro license user create a paginated report in report builder & publish it to a workspace created in PPC or PPU. My understanding is we need PPU or License for publishing paginated report (one PPU WS for publish and mulitple Pro license for different devolper to create and publish in PPU WS).

2.I have created a paginated report & published it in PPU/PPC workspace. Now shall i give access to free users who have O365 E3 license or still this users need pro license/part of PPC tenant to see the report in WS.

3.Same scenario as above but now i want the list of O365 E3 users to get subscribe to the report so that daily they will get mail update with pdf attached. O365 E3 can be added to subscribe list or out company should buy a PPC add all the user to that tenant and then only we can add them to subscriber to the report.

Thanks,

Nik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes, as I've clarified elsewhere Pro can publish to a Premium Capacity Workspace.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) A Pro licence cannot publish to a PPU workspace, so you will not be able to publish Paginated Reports to the PPU workspace unless you have a PPU licence. - Can a Pro license user publish paginated report to PPC WS will that works?

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes, as I've clarified elsewhere Pro can publish to a Premium Capacity Workspace.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

1) A Pro licence cannot publish to a PPU workspace, so you will not be able to publish Paginated Reports to the PPU workspace unless you have a PPU licence.

2) If you have published to a PPU any content shared will require a PPU licence to view. The workspace needs to be a Premium Capacity workspace for free user to be able to access.

3) Report subscribers require a PPU licence to be able to view the PDF attachment to subscription emails.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors