Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DataAnalyst7
Frequent Visitor

Power BI incremental refresh in Microst Fabric

I have implemented Incremental refresh on a Power BI report by using Parameterized Filtering on dates, after publishing the report it get refreshed fine first time but when ever I am trying refresh it again its showing me following duplication error with different tables, even though  there no duplication present in Actual tables. This is the error I get: 

Column '<"Column Name">' in Table '>"Table Name">' contains a duplicate value '<Value>' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table.

can someone help me out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @DataAnalyst7 

This generally happens due to cardinality issues, try to fix that and see what table or column error refers to? This generally guides you to the right direction.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Refresh-error-quot-contains-duplicate-value-and-th...

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @DataAnalyst7 

This generally happens due to cardinality issues, try to fix that and see what table or column error refers to? This generally guides you to the right direction.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Refresh-error-quot-contains-duplicate-value-and-th...

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Remember that RangeStart must be inclusive and RangeEnd must be exclusive

RangeStart   <=   <"Column Name">   <   RangeEnd

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors