Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

netanel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power BI Embedded

Hello everyone,
I would appreciate some help with the topic of Power BI Embedded A2

My organization has an A2 license, and we were told it's limited to uploading 5 datasets

If a Pro user uploads a dataset and a report, does it count towards the limit? Where can I see how much quota I have left?"

Did I answer your question?
Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin
linkedin.com/in/netanel-shriki
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey,

Every pro user I buy is an addition of space that I can upload to my Workspaces? :

No - a pro user can use a workspace without Premium Capacity (emebedded A2 in your case) and within this non-premium capacity he/she can deploy a dataset up to 1GB.

It's not an addition.

Your users do not need to have a PRO licence to check the reports within your embedded capacity.   They need the PRO licence to upload a report to the workpace that is assigned your Premium Embedded A2 Capacity.

have a great day!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
netanel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I understand now thanks,
Adding a small question
Every pro user I buy is an addition of space that I can upload to my Workspaces?
Because I know that Pro is 1GB and I pay for an embedded package of 5GB under A2

Thanks for your quick answer

Did I answer your question?
Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin
linkedin.com/in/netanel-shriki

Hey,

Every pro user I buy is an addition of space that I can upload to my Workspaces? :

No - a pro user can use a workspace without Premium Capacity (emebedded A2 in your case) and within this non-premium capacity he/she can deploy a dataset up to 1GB.

It's not an addition.

Your users do not need to have a PRO licence to check the reports within your embedded capacity.   They need the PRO licence to upload a report to the workpace that is assigned your Premium Embedded A2 Capacity.

have a great day!

Miszel8
Frequent Visitor

Hello,
You're not limitied by the number of the datasets, but by the total memory consumption of your datasets.

Here you can check how to monitor this consumption: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-GB/fabric/enterprise/metrics-app

Keep in mind that your capacity needs memory in order to:

• keep the datasets (semantic models) in memory
  • answer the user generated queries
  • refresh the datasets

It means, that in practice you should not load the dataset amounting to 5GB to your capacity.

Cheers,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors