Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JeroenR
Helper V
Helper V

Power BI Embedded capacity Gen2 updated?

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone knows if the Gen2 capacity of Power BI Embedded has been updated by Microsoft around the 16th - 20th of may? I am asking this question because I am using one myself currently and before this date the metrics where really going up and down a lot. By reading the CPU metrics you could clearly see when there was high usage of report views or when a lot of requests were being made. But after this date, the metrics were much more steady, better and it looked like there was much less usage. But the amount of report views, users or the amount of request all stayed the same. There was also no update done on the datamodel or on the reports. 

So therefore I expect that Microsoft has done an update regarding the Gen2 capacity, only I can't find anything related to this. Am I missing something? See below a picture of the usage of my Embedded Capacity and the sudden change in the metrics. Before the red arrow there are a lot of high spikes in CPU and Overload, after the red arrow it is much more steady and almost looks like the system has no problems at all anymore.

capacity-2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
JeroenR
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-cgao-msft, thanks for your reply.

I also looked at the May 2022 updates of Power BI but couldn't find anything there as well. I find it strange that if there was done an update on Gen 2, which has such an impact on the metrics of the capacity, that they do not update us about that. But I expect that we will never know the true answer regarding this! 

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JeroenR ,

Thanks for contacting us.

I checked out the May content and I didn't see any mention of an update for Gen 2. 

May 2022 | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Usually, product groups post update summaries here, but not all updates are included, and I'm guessing there might be some Gen 2 updates that haven't been released.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors