Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

CALCULATEthis
Frequent Visitor

Persisten filters not working at all in any report!

Hi all, I'm experienced with PowerBI but can't find a solution for the life of me. Persistent filters do not work at all.

Basically, the persistent filters option IS UNCHECKED and when users (myself included) interact with the report the "Reset filters" button lightens up, so persistent filters are enabled.

There are some standard and chiclet slicers in the report, tried replacing all the chiclets with normal slicers and nothing.

Also tried checking the persistent filters option, then published, then unchecking, then published again (some kind of reset if you will) and nothing.

Yes, I know users can create bookmarks. That's not really an option in my scenario.

Honestly this feels like a bug.

Any help much appreciated, thanks a lot.

7 REPLIES 7
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Don't forget the migration from cookies to local storage - that likely has an impact too.

Disabling persistent filters is bad karma.  Your job is to make it easier for users to get their insights, not harder.

Hi Ibendlin, thanks for answering. Sorry but did not understand your first sentence, can cookies impact this?

I disabled it trying to fix it - enabled it again right after. Still didn't work.

yes, bookmarks and user filter choices are stored in cookies - for now, until that option goes away. Clearing all cookies will reset all the user's filter choices.

I see, thanks.

In this case, a simple F5 clears the filters, users are not clearing cookies. Because of this I think the issue may not be related to cookies...

maybe your company has already implemented the no-cookie policy ?

IT said there is nothing restricting cookies in the policy... I'm out of ideas again. Thanks anyway!

You read my mind, sent an email to IT like an hour ago!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors