Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Scott_BI
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report Publish Error when editing existing report

I click on Edit in Report Builder from the File ribbon in the service. It opens the report in Report Builder. I make my edits and click Publish. The report name appears already selected, but when I click Publish I get the following message:

Unable to publish the report to the workspace

Operation returned an invalid status code 'NotFound'
ErrorCode: DuplicatePackageNotFoundError
Details: An unknown error was encountered. Please try again.

ResponseId: <removed by me>
ActivityId: REDACTED
RequestId: REDACTED

Any ideas? I've searched online but cannot find anything referencing this error.

4 REPLIES 4
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @johnbasha33 ,thanks for the quick reply.

Hi @Scott_BI ,

Regarding your question, I tried searching for the error code you provided, but, there is nothing that explains why this is occurring.If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at

Power Platform admin center (microsoft.com)

johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Scott_BI 

The error message you're encountering, "Operation returned an invalid status code 'NotFound' - ErrorCode: DuplicatePackageNotFoundError," typically indicates an issue with the publishing process in Power BI Report Builder. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. **Check Report Name:** Ensure that the report name you're trying to publish doesn't already exist in the target workspace. If a report with the same name already exists, try renaming the report before publishing it again.

2. **Workspace Permissions:** Verify that you have the necessary permissions to publish reports to the target workspace. Sometimes, issues like this can occur if there are restrictions or limitations set on the workspace that prevent users from publishing reports.

3. **Refresh Connection:** In Power BI Report Builder, try refreshing the connection to the Power BI service before publishing the report. This can sometimes resolve issues related to authentication or connectivity.

4. **Clear Cache:** Clear the cache in Power BI Report Builder and try publishing the report again. Cached data or temporary files might be causing conflicts during the publishing process.

5. **Check Service Status:** Occasionally, issues like this can be caused by service outages or disruptions in the Power BI service. Check the Power BI Service Status page to see if there are any ongoing issues that might be affecting the publishing process.

6. **Update Report Builder:** Ensure that you're using the latest version of Power BI Report Builder. Sometimes, issues like this can be resolved by installing the latest updates, as they often include bug fixes and improvements.

7. **Contact Support:** If the issue persists despite trying the above steps, consider reaching out to Microsoft Support for further assistance. They can provide more specific guidance and troubleshooting steps based on your unique scenario.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and hopefully resolve the issue with publishing your report from Power BI Report Builder to the Power BI service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Thank you for the suggestions, but none of these options solved the issue. I'll keep searching. 😊

This duplicatepackagenotfound error happens when trying to publish a report when a report already exists but is not found. MyWorkspace is showing reports that are shared with you but might not actually be located in MyWorkspace. It could be you have opened one of those reports and try to save it back to MyWorkspace and the report is not actually already in MyWorkspace. That is one way to get that error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors