Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need To Create SubFolders Under a Workspace. Is it possible?

We have workspaces for each subject area. But we would like to create the subfolders under a workspace to organize our reports and to provide access to particular users for that subfolder alone. Is there any way to achieve this in power bi service?

Kindly suggest me a way to accomplish it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous Not possible at the moment. I would vote up those ideas which would be relevant to your need here -> https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?query=subfolder but this shouldn't be thought of as a quick solution. The ideas are vetted by the team and added to the tool over time.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hsantosh
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Friends
Yes now you can abl to create folders and sub folders and sub folders under subfolders in powe BI service.
as part of March 29,2024 update

hsantosh_0-1712143650698.png

hsantosh_1-1712143708204.png

Peter_R
Resolver II
Resolver II

Though it's not quite the same thing, we just came across the new navigation builder option within apps - so if you're publishing your workspace to an app, you at least have the ability to group them into 'sections'. It doesn't address the security question, but at least it facilitates some organizing of the contents.

@Anonymous Not possible at the moment. I would vote up those ideas which would be relevant to your need here -> https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?query=subfolder but this shouldn't be thought of as a quick solution. The ideas are vetted by the team and added to the tool over time.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors