Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gracielatriv
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Fabric - Semantic model SQL point error

Hello everyone !

I'm having a rather frustrating problem with the default semantic model of a lakehouse SQL point.

From one day to the next, I have not been able to generate measures in this semantic model nor change any relationship between the tables.

The error message is always the same:

Default dataset rebuild operation encountered user error: 'We cannot access source table 'Proyectos' of table 'Proyectos'. Either the source table does not exist, or you don't have access permissions. Please remove the table or fix the source. 

The table exists and I have access to all the data sets, I have tried to delete the table in question but the problem has appeared again with another table. I also have another new problem with that deleted table and I get this error:

"..""exceptionDataMessage":"Tables '<ccon>Proyectos</ccon>' not found in etl or database."}

Now it is complaining about the database or an ETL process, I don't know if it has to do with the measures that referenced that table or if it is something else.

I haven't found anyone with this problem on the forum and I would like to know if anyone knows if it is an MS Fabric common problem or knows how I can solve it.

Right now I am using the trial as a subscription and so far everything has worked correctly,

Thank you very much in advance,
Greetings !

2 REPLIES 2
DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have exactly the same issue. Trying to add a relationship between tables and get the above error on a column I can access.

I am a bit lost on the solution above. I didnt even know I was using the Default Semantic model/ How do you create your own Semantic Model?

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I don't think I have the exact answer. What I can say is that we are creating Semantic models instead of using the default ones. The default is weirdly glichy. Sometimes it breaks and it's tricky to use. We didn't have issues after taking the decision of creating the semantic model.

It might be an approach creating the semantic model and not the solution, but for us, that works really good.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors