Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PowerBITestingG
Resolver I
Resolver I

Live connection asks for credentials each time

As of a few days, every time you refresh a live connection in excel, it asks for credentials. Anyone knows why that is the case?

5 REPLIES 5
057Sophie
Helper I
Helper I

I found a solution on this topic:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Frequent-Re-sign-In-Required-with-Analyze-in-Excel...

Now Excel is not prompting anymore, and flows are running

057Sophie
Helper I
Helper I

I am facing this issue too, this is preventing my power automate dataflow to work

v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBITestingG 

I can't reproduce your question, can you provide more detailed information? For example, where is the excel file you are referring to? Can you provide a screenshot of the "asks for credentials" screen?

Please remove any sensitive data in advance.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

Hello,

You can have the same issue with screenshots here: 
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Prompting-for-account-when-trying-to-open-Excel-wi...

Some work colleagues that stayed on the Dec2023 version don't have the issue.

I have Version: 2.126.927.0 64-bit (février 2024) and it is causing issue. Tried to roll back to dec but without success for me.

Hi @v-xuxinyi-msft ,

When you create a live connection table from Power BI service to excel, by right clicking on the corner of a table in a repor and selecting export data -->Summarized data-->file format xlsx with live (500k row) connection.

Once you have that file, it loads the table in excel in your desktop and it asks for credentials. All good until here. The issue is that now, every time you open the file and refresh it asks for credentials.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors