Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jakob_PBI
Frequent Visitor

KPI overview from multiple workspaces, possible?

Anyone know a good method for combining KPIs across mutliple workspaces?

If i have different workspaces  for HR, sales, operations and each of them have their own KPIs, but i want ALL the KPIs across all workspaces to be displayed in the same view.

What i did so far is just copy the report file from each workspace to the management workspace and then pin the visuals to the same dashboard. 
Problemet is that the whole dashboard feature can't really be configured and it is mildly speaking very ugly and clumsy to look at. 

Is there another method to achieve combining KPIs across workspaces for a management overview?

5 REPLIES 5
Brunner_BI
Super User
Super User

You want to have all those KPIs in one semantic model (dataset) then you can build an publish reports across workspaces but will still have everything in one model.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jakob_PBI ,

Please try to use Power BI’s usage metrics feature. This feature enables you to discover who’s using reports throughout your organization, and how they’re using them. You can also identify high-level performance issues and consolidate KPIs in a single report.

To access usage metrics for a report, you must have edit access to the report. Your Power BI admin must have enabled usage metrics for content creators. Your Power BI admin may have also enabled collecting per-user data in usage metrics. Once you have access to usage metrics, you can create and view a new usage metrics report. The report contains usage metrics for that content for the last 30 days.

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Consolidating KPIs in Power BI: the only guide you'll ever need Zebra BI

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more deails.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for replying, but I am asking about KPI's and not usage metrics.
KPI = Key Performance Indicators.

Each department have their own indicators of how well they are doing. These indicators are called KPIs. They are not part of the same data model. The top management want to monitor the performance across all departments and each department have their own workspace.

So the question is.. how do I create an overview of KPI's that combine data and measures from different workspaces?  

Here below you can see examples of KPI's across departments. 

@Brunner_BI They are not part of the same datamodel and if 1 table in the refresh fails then the entire refresh will stop, so this is not a good idea. I have 12 workspaces and if just 1 fails then none of the data will be updated.

Sales:

1. Revenue Growth: Measures the increase in a company's sales over a period.
  2. Conversion Rate: The percentage of leads or prospects that turn into actual sales.
  3. Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC): The total cost associated with acquiring a new customer, including marketing and sales expenses.

Procurement:

1. Cost Savings: The reduction in costs achieved through effective procurement strategies.
  2. Supplier Lead Time: The time taken by suppliers to deliver products or services after an order is placed.
  3. Purchase Order Cycle Time: The duration from when a purchase order is created to when the goods or services are received.

Human Resources (HR):

1. Employee Turnover Rate: The rate at which employees leave the organization and are replaced.
  2. Time to Fill: The amount of time it takes to fill an open position.
  3. Employee Engagement: A measure of how engaged and motivated employees are within the organization, often assessed through surveys.

You can create a dashboard then - I don't like them but it could work.

Or you create a report with a composite model based on DirectQuery connection to all your Sales, Procurement and HR datasets.

Where do you see KPIs in the usage metrics report? @v-rongtiep-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors