Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

XCT
Frequent Visitor

Issue with model semantic refresh and Personal Gateway

Hello,

I have an issue with the settings of a semantic model published in a Premium Capacity Workspace.

PBI Service asks me to install a personal gateways. However all the sources are in the cloud. It's a composite model using two datasets (published in PBI service), 3 dataflows (published in PBI service too) and other sources (snwowflake and sharepoint).

Why Power BI service ask for a personal gateway installation?

XCT_0-1712066599047.png

Thank you for your help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Your work may still require a gateway to further protect the data. Announcing data gateway support for Single Sign-On (SSO) with Azure Active Directory | Microsoft Pow...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

XCT
Frequent Visitor

Yes, maybe. But I've tryed to remove the web API source and it works well without using a personal gateway. The connection to this source is anonymous. So, you may be right, this connection require a gateway to protect the data in the composite semantic model. The solution to integrate this web source is to work with a dataflow.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
XCT
Frequent Visitor

Yes, maybe. But I've tryed to remove the web API source and it works well without using a personal gateway. The connection to this source is anonymous. So, you may be right, this connection require a gateway to protect the data in the composite semantic model. The solution to integrate this web source is to work with a dataflow.

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Your work may still require a gateway to further protect the data. Announcing data gateway support for Single Sign-On (SSO) with Azure Active Directory | Microsoft Pow...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors