Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

XCT
Frequent Visitor

Issue with model semantic refresh and Personal Gateway

Hello,

I have an issue with the settings of a semantic model published in a Premium Capacity Workspace.

PBI Service asks me to install a personal gateways. However all the sources are in the cloud. It's a composite model using two datasets (published in PBI service), 3 dataflows (published in PBI service too) and other sources (snwowflake and sharepoint).

Why Power BI service ask for a personal gateway installation?

XCT_0-1712066599047.png

Thank you for your help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Your work may still require a gateway to further protect the data. Announcing data gateway support for Single Sign-On (SSO) with Azure Active Directory | Microsoft Pow...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

XCT
Frequent Visitor

Yes, maybe. But I've tryed to remove the web API source and it works well without using a personal gateway. The connection to this source is anonymous. So, you may be right, this connection require a gateway to protect the data in the composite semantic model. The solution to integrate this web source is to work with a dataflow.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
XCT
Frequent Visitor

Yes, maybe. But I've tryed to remove the web API source and it works well without using a personal gateway. The connection to this source is anonymous. So, you may be right, this connection require a gateway to protect the data in the composite semantic model. The solution to integrate this web source is to work with a dataflow.

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Your work may still require a gateway to further protect the data. Announcing data gateway support for Single Sign-On (SSO) with Azure Active Directory | Microsoft Pow...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors