Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mornagli
Helper III
Helper III

Is disable loading in parallel works in service?

my data source cant handle with a lot of requests from MPBI, its look like disable loading in parallel in desktop solved my error, but is it possible to make it works in service too?

And if not, does incremental refresh can reduce the amount of requests in the service to my data source ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The parallel loading setting you specify in Power BI Desktop should be honored by Power BI Service so you don't need to do anything extra to disable "parallel loading of tables" in Power BI Service.

For your other question regarding incremental refresh, depending on your data set, incremental should help minimize the load to the data source.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The parallel loading setting you specify in Power BI Desktop should be honored by Power BI Service so you don't need to do anything extra to disable "parallel loading of tables" in Power BI Service.

For your other question regarding incremental refresh, depending on your data set, incremental should help minimize the load to the data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors