Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid Credentials Salesforce

Hello Community!

I have set up a report on Power BI using data from a Salesforce Report.

Basically, I get data from Salesforce report onto power bi desktop, do some data wrangling and visuals and then publish on power bi service and share with coworkers. I have set up a schudeled update and since my data source is on the Cloud I don´t use a Gateway.

However, every morning I encounter this failed update error:

"Your data source can not be updated because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again."

But every time this happens, I update my credntials, log in to my Salesforce account with Organizational Level of privacy and I haven´t changed my password if that was the case.. and yet the problem persists. 

Curious thing is that after setting up data credentials, I demand an update and it works perfectly fine, but on the next day the same error happens.

What should I do?
Thank you all!

2 REPLIES 2
CoderZen08
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, were you able to find a solution? As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

AFAIK, salesforce connector has some limitations when you use on it. Please refer to below document to confirm if your scenario triggered the limit.

Connect to Salesforce with Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors