Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

robotbi

Incremental refresh on Report with auto refresh Dataflow

Hi, this may be a silly question..

I need to build a Bi report which shows cost trends from 2019 to yesterday, and table contains 300million rows, so I have to set up incremental refresh.

On Power Bi service: I splited the data into 2 sets: 1) 2019 - 2023 as archived and static;  2) 1/1/2014 - yesterday as dynamic, and I loaded them into 2 dataflows, and set the 2014 dataflow with auto refresh schedule on every morning.

On Power Bi desktop: I loaded the two dataflows and appended the two queries to create this big report, and it takes more than an hour to refresh everyday. Right now, I am trying to set up Incremental Refresh on this report: Ive set it up with parameters and policy and published to Service. 

The goal is to let the report auto refresh every 6am, and have the 2019 - 2023 static data as well as 2014 incremental refreshed data. 

Is there a way to achieve this? Or do I need to hit the report refresh button everyday  after the dataflow finished auto refresh? Thanks much in advance for any advices!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @robotbi ,

Below is my table:

vxiandatmsft_0-1711330122244.png

Now you should create two parameters: RangeStart and RangeEnd

vxiandatmsft_1-1711330156668.png

vxiandatmsft_2-1711330424191.png

Here's a detailed incremental refresh strategy based on your rules:

vxiandatmsft_4-1711330553595.png

After that, you can publish it to the service, and then you can set up a scheduled refresh every morning at 6:00 am to refresh.

Static data for 2019-2023 will remain unchanged, while data for 2014 will be progressively refreshed based on date parameters you define.

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

robotbi

@iBusinessBI sir, my pro, would you be able to take a look?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors