Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vikramkumawat
Frequent Visitor

Incremental Refresh with SQL database

Hello,
I am trying to implement incremental refresh for a report created by SQL database.
i have followed the steps bellow:

• get data using import mode
  • created RangeStart and RangeEnd Parameters with type date/time.
  • filtered fact table's datetime column like : [DATE]  > RangeStart and [DATE] <=RangeEnd .
  • query folding is enabled for fact table.
  • defined refresh policy as shown in image
    vikramkumawat_1-1710335742634.png

Now when i have published it and refreshed the sementic model I am getting data only for year 2021, 2022 and for year 2024 i am getting feb,march and april data . I was expecting data of Jan-2018 to march-2024.

I just need help to verify is there anything left in configuring incremental refresh.

or is my data is missing due to incremental refresh policies ? 
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can get the deep details here Advanced incremental refresh and real-time data with the XMLA endpoint in Power BI - Power BI | Micr...

Basic takeaway is that the RangeEnd of one partition must abut but not overlap the RangeStart of the next partition.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

which policies did you decide on?  six years of storage and three months of refreshes?  Please show that setup.

Note:  Usually RangeStart is inclusive and RangeEnd is exclusive.

Hi @lbendlin,
Thanks for notifying me the usual way of filtering RangeStart and RangeEnd.

yes I applied policy as 6 years storage and 3 months refresh as bellow :

vikramkumawat_0-1710394004561.png

If the issue is because of setting RangeStart exclusive and RangeEnd inclusive,can you please give me a bit info about how these parameters works after publishing to the service so that I do not repeat mistakes like this.

Thanks!

You can get the deep details here Advanced incremental refresh and real-time data with the XMLA endpoint in Power BI - Power BI | Micr...

Basic takeaway is that the RangeEnd of one partition must abut but not overlap the RangeStart of the next partition.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors