Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

anilkumarpoda
Resolver I
Resolver I

How Do I Gain Access to Power BI Service without Authenticator?

I have reset my my mobile phone and lost access to Authenticator app. Now it keeps on asking for Authenticator code to login to Power BI service. How can I log in to power bi service without authenticator app? Note: I am admin for my account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
anilkumarpoda
Resolver I
Resolver I

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do, if you are admin and logged out of Microsoft Authenticator app. The only way it can be resolved is to contact Microsoft support. They will reset the authentication. I did contact Microsoft Support and the security team has reset the MFA. Now I have disabled Authenticator and enabled text verification 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
anilkumarpoda
Resolver I
Resolver I

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do, if you are admin and logged out of Microsoft Authenticator app. The only way it can be resolved is to contact Microsoft support. They will reset the authentication. I did contact Microsoft Support and the security team has reset the MFA. Now I have disabled Authenticator and enabled text verification 🙂

I meet issue the same with you. Can you give me the contact of Microsoft support?

jaweher899
Super User
Super User

If you've lost access to your Authenticator app and are unable to generate the code to log into Power BI, you can follow these steps to regain access to your account:

1. Go to the Microsoft account security page: https://account.microsoft.com/security
  2. Sign in to the Microsoft account that you use for Power BI.
  3. Click on the "Security & Privacy" tab.
  4. Under "Security info", click on "Verify".
  5. Follow the steps to verify your identity.
  6. Once your identity has been verified, you'll be able to remove the two-step verification from your account.

After removing the two-step verification, you should be able to log into Power BI without the need for an Authenticator app. If you run into any issues, you can contact Microsoft support for assistance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors