Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Goal History

Dears,

Historical data for a particular goal is deleted when I've updated a data connection for that goal.

Got there is some update that could help me restore the previus data: someone can help me sort out this issue? If not I will loose one month thrend that is crucial for my presentation.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In the similar issue, it said this has been fixed with one of the latest updates of Goals. You can update it and try again.

Updating data connection for a goal removes all th... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not working, but I'm not sure if I have to take any action to update. Can you tell me more on "how to".

Thanks,

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you saying that you don't have your goals stored in an upstream data store or a dataset?

Get started with goals in Power BI (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

I try to explain better.

I got goals with the current status connected to one report. I've made a change on the report and the connection was lost, so I need to reconnect and when I've done this I've lost all the progress (the trend line was delated) and nothing is shown if I click to see the details.

I was wondering if there is a way to have restored goals with the full hystory.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors