Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ruchita
Helper I
Helper I

Getting error "This content isn't available"

In my reports, my data source is Bigquery and I am embedding these reports on a Web application using MVC architecture and they are all working fine. Now I have created another report in the same workspace which takes data from a CSV file on sharepoint. This report is working fine on PowerBI service  but when i embed this report in application it gives an error "This content isin't available". I am using apps own data and service principal. I have given necessary edit permission to the csv file.

Do I need to do something else for connecting data from sharepoint? Is that supported?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ruchita ,

Given that your report works fine within the Power BI service but encounters issues when embedded, here are a few steps and considerations to ensure seamless access to the SharePoint data source:

1. Service Principal Permissions: Ensure that the service principal used by your application has the necessary permissions not just on the Power BI side but also within SharePoint. The service principal needs to have access to the specific SharePoint site and the CSV file. This involves granting the service principal permission to SharePoint through the [Azure portal](https://portal.azure.com) and ensuring it's a member of a group with access to the file.

2. SharePoint as a Data Source: Confirm that SharePoint is supported as a data source for embedded reports. Power BI does support SharePoint as a data source for reports. For embedding, ensure that the data source is correctly configured to allow access via the service principal. 

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ruchita ,

Given that your report works fine within the Power BI service but encounters issues when embedded, here are a few steps and considerations to ensure seamless access to the SharePoint data source:

1. Service Principal Permissions: Ensure that the service principal used by your application has the necessary permissions not just on the Power BI side but also within SharePoint. The service principal needs to have access to the specific SharePoint site and the CSV file. This involves granting the service principal permission to SharePoint through the [Azure portal](https://portal.azure.com) and ensuring it's a member of a group with access to the file.

2. SharePoint as a Data Source: Confirm that SharePoint is supported as a data source for embedded reports. Power BI does support SharePoint as a data source for reports. For embedding, ensure that the data source is correctly configured to allow access via the service principal. 

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-xiandat-msft for the suggestions. I guess, the service principal permission to access the sharePoint must be missing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors