Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DKHUghes55
Frequent Visitor

Gauge is displaying the max value twice with a comma separating them

Our Gauges are displaying the max value twice back to back  It does not display that way in Power BI Deskttop, but it does in the Power BI Service.

Example

DKHUghes55_0-1710881301563.png

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DKHUghes55
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jianpeng-msft,

We found a work around.  We edited the report from Power BI Service, resized the gauge until the duplicate label dissappeared the returned it to the original size.  

Seems to solve the issue.

Thanks for your help.

DKHughes55

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
cboursat
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. It worked fine, and suddenly 3 weeks ago....max and min with dots, or additional numbers.

What happened ?

Even if I modify the police, the size, it doesn't change anything.

Is there a way to open a ticket ?

Please fix it Microsoft.

DKHUghes55
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jianpeng-msft,

We found a work around.  We edited the report from Power BI Service, resized the gauge until the duplicate label dissappeared the returned it to the original size.  

Seems to solve the issue.

Thanks for your help.

DKHughes55

DKHUghes55
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jianpeng-msft ,

I found something interesting.  If I edit the dashboard in the service and I stretch the gauge graph horizonally, it eventually shows just the one value, not two concatenated together.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks,

DKHughes

Hi, @DKHUghes55 

Thank you very much for your reply. After my testing, there is indeed a problem with the display, as shown in the image below:

vjianpengmsft_0-1711013573468.png

The main reason is that there is not enough space to display these data labels. You can make the Gauge visual look normal in one of the following ways:
1. Resize the visual
2. Adjust the Data label font size

vjianpengmsft_1-1711013744805.png

vjianpengmsft_3-1711013812651.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DKHUghes55
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jianpeng-msft ,This is what I see on the service.

DKHUghes55_0-1710937303042.png

This is what I see in Desktop.

DKHUghes55_1-1710937365726.png

The dashboard uses just the value field, which determines the min and max.  I've set the display units to NONE and Decimal places to 0 for this field.

I tried setting the max gauge axis to 1.  I get the same results.

DKHughes

DKHUghes55
Frequent Visitor

HI @v-jianpeng-msft , The values being used are sourced from an SSAS Tabular Model.  I opened the model to check the format of the values and found they were formated as a %.  Is percentage handled as text in a Power BI dashboard?  

Thanks for your quick response

DKHughes55

Hi, @DKHUghes55 

Thank you very much for your reply. I created a column of type Text as shown in the image below:

vjianpengmsft_0-1710936230248.png

I used the following DAX to extract the maximum text in this column:

vjianpengmsft_1-1710936278526.png

When I tried to put this measure into the Gauge visual, it didn't work:

vjianpengmsft_2-1710936359679.png

Again, I created a percentage column and used the MAX function to extract the maximum value and put it into the Gauge visual, and it worked:

vjianpengmsft_3-1710936530096.png

vjianpengmsft_4-1710936566982.png

Based on the above test results, the Maximum value in your Gauge chart is not text.

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @DKHUghes55 

Based on your description, I tried creating a dashboard in Power BI using Gauge and publishing to publish. In the chart, no maximum value is found to be displayed twice:

Power BI Desktop:

vjianpengmsft_0-1710906193569.png

Power BI Service:

vjianpengmsft_1-1710906244381.png

In the Gauge visual, the maximum value must be a numeric value, not a string. Here are a few ways to set it up:
1. Manual settings. You can manually enter the value and set it to the maximum.

vjianpengmsft_2-1710906677772.png

2. Use the Maximum value field measure to put it in the Maximum value field.

vjianpengmsft_3-1710906768342.png

3. Use the fx functionality provided by the Gauge visual

vjianpengmsft_4-1710906833608.png

When I try to use the value of a text type as the maximum, the Gauge visual doesn't display properly as shown in the image below:

vjianpengmsft_5-1710907004809.png

Your situation should be caused by the formatting, you can check the format of your measure or column as shown in the image below:

vjianpengmsft_6-1710907123697.png

The article linked below describes common uses of gauge visuals. It would be great if it could help you.

Power bi gauge chart - How to use with examples - Enjoy SharePoint

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors