Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Pane Error when Switching from Report to Report within the same published Workspace

Hi,

I have a workspace that has three published reports. These reports are obviously stand alone in the sense that the filter pane from one does not carry over to the two reports. But this issue I am having is when I filter in one report, leave this to go to another report within the same workspace and then come back to the first report that was filtered, the basic filtering list that showed all of the options within that specfic filter no longer can be seen, leaving only the original selected option I had chosen before navigating to the other report. The only way to once again see all the options in the list and click a different option within that filter type is to click "Reset to Default" on the top pane, which sets it back to the original way it was published.

Why is this happening? I had not seen this issue prior to upgrading my Power BI desktop to the latest version (March 2020) and I'm not sure if this is a common issue people are having?

Any help is much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I have not seen that before.

My only thoughts are to disable and re-enable the "Reset to Default" toggle on the report settings in the Power BI service?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ  How do you do this? I do not see that option in the report settings. Thanks!

Hi there

You go to the report, then click on Settings

Then toggle on or off the Persistent Filters

image.png

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately that did not solve the issue. It seems like a glich almost as it is only happening to one of my three reports. But even after deleting and republishing the report, this issue is still happening.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors