Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lawrenceabith
Helper IV
Helper IV

Fabric Capacity F8 - Underlying Error: Capacity operation failed with error code CapacityLimitExceed

Dear,

We have a Fabric Capacity F8, and now we receive this error in all my reports. When I change to F64, for example, the error stops. Do you know how to solve this? I think this is an error. Can you help me? 

Cannot load model due to reaching capacity limits

The report cannot be opened because its workspace is assigned to a Power BI capacity that doesn't have enough resources. Please try again later and contact a capacity administrator to provision the required resources.

Please check the technical details for more information. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Underlying Error: Capacity operation failed with error code CapacityLimitExceeded

Activity ID: 195ba88123123123123

Correlation ID: 66627e123123123123

Request ID: 24b9a7a12312312312312

Time: Wed Nov 01 2023 09:03:42 GMT-0300 (Brasilia Standard Time)

Service version: 13.0.21891.85

Client version: 2310.4.16370-train

Cluster URI: https://wabi-south-central-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @lawrenceabith ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
PWTRyanWhite

Hi,

I'm running into capacity limits while running a F256 limit, which I would hope could just about handle anything at that price point.

Here is the error:

capacity issue.png

Here is the proof of F256:

capacity issue2.png

lawrenceabith
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hey,

I encountered the same problem again yesterday, and now I'm constrained to working solely in F64. Is this an issue for anyone else? My fabric capacity is in Brazil. Can Microsoft help me? This is going to lead us to additional costs.

lawrenceabith_0-1708601472096.png

Thanks,

souldish
Frequent Visitor

This error is currently happening for several datasets on F64 capacity, have opened a support ticket on it.

[ValidateMarkupTags]<ccon>[ccon]DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: [ccon]This query was rejected due to current capacity constraints. Statement ID: {81A523EE-FAC6-4A62-94B8-EB3F77BAD2BD} | Query hash: 0xC7D828038BCF5C09 | Distributed request ID: {4A9146E9-A70F-4B23-AF09-14CF6E0D64BB}[/ccon]. DataSourceKind = [ccon]SQL[/ccon]. DataSourcePath = [ccon]77r35byqs75enmsrrfkiry3xo4-uuszo4u4b5wenaz2dopyuml7g4.datawarehouse.pbidedicated.windows.net;WO_Lakehouse[/ccon]. Message = [ccon]This query was rejected due to current capacity constraints. Statement ID: {81A523EE-FAC6-4A62-94B8-EB3F77BAD2BD} | Query hash: 0xC7D828038BCF5C09 | Distributed request ID: {4A9146E9-A70F-4B23-AF09-14CF6E0D64BB}[/ccon]. ErrorCode = [ccon]-2146232060[/ccon]. Number = [ccon]65000[/ccon]. Class = [ccon]17[/ccon]. State = [ccon]1[/ccon]. [/ccon]. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.</ccon> Table: vw_dim_account.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @lawrenceabith ,

I went to follow up with ICM and the PG team is urgently working on this issue, but there is no specific ETA or workaround at this time.

If it's really urgent and you are a Power BI Pro licensee, I suggest you open a support ticket and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will look into the issue for you.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

I will also continue to follow up on this ICM and will come back and update with results.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ok @v-yangliu-msft! I will do this. Thanks.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @lawrenceabith ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

Hi,

Do we have an update on this issue..?

I am facing the same error in PowerBI Embedded at A3 Capacity.

Our dashboards had been operating fine at A3 for years, but since 1st of November , we are getting a Capacity error on the same number of dashboards, with same data size and same number of users.

Has there been a change in how PowerBI handles the Capacity Overload now ?

This thread is helpful too: (Cannot load model due to reaching capacity limits - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)) Microsoft issue. They are working on it...

Hi,

Do you have any update on this. 

We are experiencing this issue right now. Many dashboard cannot load with this error, and some other dashboard reloading very slow.

We have also been the same issue, but with power bi embbeded capacity. We have been using A1 to A4 nodes for more than 1 year. After november 1st, in some periods of the day, it's necessary to scale up A6 to getting an OK performance on the dashboards. 
Nothing changed on your dashboards and datasets. 

Hey @v-yangliu-msft, do you have any news about these problems we are facing? 

Hey,

No, and yesterday, we had the problem again, and we had to scale up our capacity to F16.

Thanks a lot!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Like the error message says, the F8 capacity is too small for processing the data you want. The complexity of the operation or amount of data is too much for F8. That's why it doesn't work on F8 but it do at F64. Consider reducing data or deep dive on the operations to improve the process if you need to keep it under F8.

I hope that helps

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi @ibarrau,

We didn't do anything new. Last week, everything was working with Fabric F8 well. This error started yesterday. Do you know how to analyze and discover what report or reports may be causing this?

Many thanks for your help.

Is this still a known issue? I have a Dashboard in a work that will not auto-refresh due to a capacity issue. I have increased the workspace capacity and it is still there. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Hi all,
I've been facing the same issue since 01 November 2023, while using A3, which by the way worked without any issues.
Now even after changing the capacity to A4 we are unable to load the data in PowerBi, when it does load it takes well over 15-20 minutes to do so.
I am in contact with the MS support team, who have been of no help so far.
Please let me know if Microsoft has provided a solution for the same. 

Thanks

We are facing the same issue here. We had an ambient using A1 to A4 power bi embedded, according with day and time. Now, we are needing to use A6 and getting very slow. 

It started on 01st November and nothing on the enviroment changed.

Your env is hosted South Brazil.  

Take a look at where you added measures, calculated columns or where more data was added recently.

I would encourage you to kick out any columns/measures that you do not need in your datasets. Leverage external tools like Measure Killer for that.

Hey @Brunner_BI ,

I have a lot of reports inside my Fabric capacity. I don't know what report or reports are causing this error. I am trying to find them using the Microsoft Fabric Capability Metrics, but until now, I have no idea how to solve this.

Thanks for your help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors