Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MalvikaBhasin
Helper I
Helper I

Examples - Data Visualization

Hi,

Request if somebody can share samples/examples of how data can be presented. I have data but there are times, you need guidance on how data can be presented?

Regards

Malvika

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @MalvikaBhasin ,

This is a potentially huge request - but, in the end, I always base data presentation on a couple of major factors:

1. Who is the audience?

2. What is the data story and how should I present it to them?

The answers to those questions drive me to how I am presenting data.  There are lots of Microsoft sponsored contenct about presenting data, including this one for using PowerPoint:
View and present live Power BI data in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Also, here is a whole gallery of samples on how to present stories:
Data Stories Gallery - Microsoft Fabric Community

Is that what you are looking for?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

Anand24
Super User
Super User

@MalvikaBhasin ,
Deciding which visual to use is based on what analysis you want to provide to the users. Also it depends a lot on what they want to analyze and what decisions they want to make using the analysis.

Just google for "when to use which data visual" and you will get lot of ideas from the google images.

Examples:

1. Pie charts and donut charts can be used for part to whole analysis - What is Maharashtra's population % in India?

2. Line charts are one of the best visuals to represent time/date trend - How many products are sold per day in 2024?

3. Column and Bar charts are great comparison visuals - Which store has sold most and least products in 2024 March?

4. Table and Matrix visuals provide a detailed view to the users - What's the no. of products sold, revenue, profit, etc. for all my stores in all my regions?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand24
Super User
Super User

@MalvikaBhasin ,
Deciding which visual to use is based on what analysis you want to provide to the users. Also it depends a lot on what they want to analyze and what decisions they want to make using the analysis.

Just google for "when to use which data visual" and you will get lot of ideas from the google images.

Examples:

1. Pie charts and donut charts can be used for part to whole analysis - What is Maharashtra's population % in India?

2. Line charts are one of the best visuals to represent time/date trend - How many products are sold per day in 2024?

3. Column and Bar charts are great comparison visuals - Which store has sold most and least products in 2024 March?

4. Table and Matrix visuals provide a detailed view to the users - What's the no. of products sold, revenue, profit, etc. for all my stores in all my regions?

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @MalvikaBhasin ,

This is a potentially huge request - but, in the end, I always base data presentation on a couple of major factors:

1. Who is the audience?

2. What is the data story and how should I present it to them?

The answers to those questions drive me to how I am presenting data.  There are lots of Microsoft sponsored contenct about presenting data, including this one for using PowerPoint:
View and present live Power BI data in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Also, here is a whole gallery of samples on how to present stories:
Data Stories Gallery - Microsoft Fabric Community

Is that what you are looking for?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors