Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JoseTomas
Frequent Visitor

Error with semantic model in power bi service

Hi guys! I need your help with an issue.

I have a file with three different data inputs: one from a local server, another from SharePoint, and the last one from a semantic model. When I view the data in Power BI service, the data or visualization from the semantic model shows the error message 'An exception has occurred due to a local service issue', as illustrated in the attached photo. However, I can see the data and visualization correctly in my Power BI Desktop. I'm not sure if the problem is related to the gateway or something else.

cf1603ea-e633-4eed-a62d-1c8396174f33.jpg

Could someone help me resolve this issue?

Regards!

4 REPLIES 4
fountainpen_EDC

I have this same error. Everything looks fine in power BI Desktop, but the published version in my online workspace shows this error. I have the latest power BI Desktop version AFAIK.

I've isolated the culprit, though, I'm encountering this error when using Calculated Measures in the visuals. Something about SAPHANA credentials not properly setup? But I cannot input any credentials as the Edit Credentials option in the workspace is greyed out. 

Anyone got a solution?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @JoseTomas 

What does the error message say when you click on view details? That should give you an indication as to what is causing error. as far as if you can post that error here, we can assist better.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ this is the error message 

7532f7ee-187d-46e4-af35-1c108490fbc3.jpg

 thanks for you support ! 🙂

Regards!

Hi @JoseTomas 

Could you try upload the PBIX again and see if that fixes the issue?

I would also suggest making sure you use the latest version of Power BI desktop?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors