Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

_onto_
Frequent Visitor

Error: On-Prem execution not supported for entity - what does this mean, exactly?

Hello,

I have a dataflow sourcing data from MS SQL Server (via an enterprise gateway) and some files on Sharepoint. The dataflow saves fine but on refresh I get **"Error: On-Prem execution not supported for entity...."**. If I replace the SQL Server sources with Sharepoint files the refresh goes through.

Please does anyone know what is the actual error saying?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @_onto_ ,

"Error: On-Prem execution not supported for entity...", typically indicates that there is a problem with the configuration or compatibility of the on-premises data gateway that you're using to connect to your MS SQL Server.

During our investigation of this issue we found that there have been users who have had experiences similar to yours. you may troubleshoot it in the following methods:

1.Check the gateway of the dataflow in setting and make sure it is not locked.
2. Add any entity from another dataflow using Power BI dataflow connector, then delete it.
3.Untick the Enable load option on the linked entity.
4.Create a reference to the tables you want to merge instead of merging them directly.
5.Copy the original table and use the copied table to merge.

For original post, you may refer to Solved: On-Prem execution not supported for entity - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors