Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Steve_Bedford
Advocate II
Advocate II

Email subscription does not retain / keep filter

I've set up some content-specific subscriptions but when the email arrives the results are not filtered.  I want to get our end report consumers into using these but I can't promote it if I can't make it work myself.  

Am I doing something wrong or is this another basic thing that doesn't work in Power BI? 

I have searched through forums and existing content on this site before posting, but please do point me to an existing thread that covers this if one exists.

3 REPLIES 3
fgsouza

I have this same issue. The problem is when you subscribe to a report that you are not the owner, therefore the email will contain a snapshot from the report with the standard filters as set by the owner, but not the filters as set by the end-user. This basically makes that resource of subscription to a report pointless for other viewers, unless there's a workaround that I am not aware of. Is it possible to subscribe to a bookmark defined for a report? If not, I leave as suggestion. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email subscription takes a snapshot of your saved report page. So, here you need to save the report with your filters.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Steve_Bedford ,

After my tests, I couldn't reproduce your issues.

You could check if the save is done after modifying the state of the filter.

If this issue still exists, you could create a support ticket here.

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors