Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dynamic data type getting converted to String while creating shortcut of KQL db in lakehouse

Hi,

I am storing decimal values in double data type in KQL db while loading the realtime data using eventstream which is getting stored in dynamic data type in KQL db but it is getting converted into string while creating a shortcut of KQL db in lakehouse in fabric. 

Can anybody help me with the reason why this is happening or any workaround to store the dynamic data type of KQL db in decimal format in the lakehouse.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @supriyapandey19 ,

Real-time data transformations can be performed using Eventstream's event processor and the processed data can be seamlessly directed to a KQL database.

For more details, you can refer to below document:

Explore and transform sample bike-sharing data with Eventstream for KQL Database integration - Micro...

Lakehouse tutorial - Prepare and transform data in the lakehouse - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Lear...

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My problem is that when I am loading a decimal value to KQL db asa double data type value, it is getting converted to dynamic data type. This dynamic data type is getting converted to a string value when we create shortcut for KQL db in the lakehouse and I need this value in decimal data type as I want to show trends of it by using line charts in Power BI report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors