Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

andymc123
Advocate III
Advocate III

Date Slicers not showing newest dates

Recently the date slicers on many reports stopped advancing to the newest available date when the dataset refreshes.  At first I thought it was something I was doing wrong in new reprot development, but now I am noticing it on reports that haven't been modified for several months.  I noticed a report that should show data through March 31 stopped at Feb 28.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Could there have been some kind of update to the date slicer that would stop them from showing all available data and advancing to the newest date?

4 REPLIES 4
andymc123
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi @DerekSpalding  - no, I was told they are working as expected.  I ended up changing most of my reports around and setting a full year calendar as a date slicer, then next year I go in and select the next year.  an unfortunate downgrade but it was all I could do.  I even completely rebuilt and republished reports; no joy for me.  The crazy thing is I still have some older reports that do advance like they should.

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @andymc123 

Please refer to the following links in the hopes of helping you.

Solved: date value of slicer visual not updating after the... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Select most recent date (by default) in slicer - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Date slicer not defaulting to today's date - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, none of these seem to help.  It is fairly recent and only when I make updates to reports.  I support several, many of the reports that haven't had recent changes still work and the slicer still goes to the newest date in the dataset.  Once I make any kind of change the date slicer stays on the day I last updated the report.  I see there are other posts complaining about this, possibly some kind of bug in the date slicer.  Some of my older internal reports are simple and don't even have a date table.  The date slicer no longer goes to the newest date in the table, it sticks on the date the report was last changed instead.

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this? I am experiencing the same issue. Instead of April 26, my date picker stops at April 24. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors