Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RPATER
Frequent Visitor

Date Slicer not working once Report is published to Workspace

Hello,

I am currently experience a bug that I cannot get around.

I have a report that includes a Date slicer.  While in PowerBI Desktop, the Date slicer works and filters my table correctly.  However, once I publish the report to the Power Bi Service Workspace...The slicer no longer alters the data in the table.

I have tried:

Clearing the report cache

Changing the name of the Report and republishing

Deleting the Slicer and Recreating it

Made sure the Filter Interaction was selected for both visuals

Any other suggestions or solutions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Ryan

9 REPLIES 9
David_Rice
Regular Visitor

Was happening to me a lot as well especially changing date slicers from a Range to a Relative Range.  The super simple fix I found was to reset all filters on the published page and it took the changes I had made.  

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @RPATER ,

Has your problem been solved? If it is solved, you can mark the correct answer. If not, you can provide more detailed information and we can better help you.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @RPATER ,

After research, you can check the following operations:

1. Use another browser to open it and check if the slicer works, such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

2. Please check whether your desktop is the latest version, if it isn't. Download by this link.

3. Please check whether the type of date column in Date Table and in Fact Table is the same.

4. Whether your data model is a composite model, there seems to have been some kind of caching problem, you can follow the link for details.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Slicer-Error-after-publishing-works-locally/m-p/1774455

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

You have mentioned that dataset is in Large Dataset storage that shouldn't affect anything as it usually happens when you have a premium workspace.

Is your dataset configured on gateway? 

Did you try publishing dataset in a different workspace and see how it behaves then  use a non premium workspace to try this.

Also just edit report and try populating that date column as a dropdown/list and see if data comes there and also have a double check on relationships of your dataset.

@nitishsh91 

I published the report to a non premium workspace and it now works correctly.  However, I will need to have this report on the Premium workspace that it exists on.  Any thoughts?

Was happening to me a lot as well especially changing date slicers from a Range to a Relative Range.  The super simple fix I found was to reset all filters on the published page and it took the changes I had made.  

Was there any field which was renamed after creating the slicer?

Try deleteing the slicer and adding it again and also try republishing to a different premium workspace to get rid of some old cache. Also try editing the report directly online(visuals only) and add a new visual with same column and see if it returns data and other visuals are getting changed based on selection.

I have been using slicer and it works perfectly.

RPATER
Frequent Visitor

I also want to point out that this report is in the workspace as a "Large Dataset Storage"  I am not sure if that is part of the problem

Sorry if Im late to the party and you have already resolved this

I Had same issue,   I resolved by completing the following :-

i) Delete  Semantic Model in the Power Bi Workspace,  it will delete report also automatically...

ii)  Save and Republish your desktop Report to the Workspace.

iii) RE-Setup you data settings if you have a scheduled refresh.

Et Viola  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors