Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

TuckRhodes
Helper I
Helper I

Data source doesn't support resfresh

Hello, 

I am having an issue scheduling a refresh in the service. It is a data set that I have previously scheduled refreshes for many times and it has refreshed flawlessly.Absolutely nothing has changed about this data set other than it being refreshed daily so this is really confusing to me. In addition, it doesn't tell me the data sources that are suspect for not supporting refreshing. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TuckRhodes ,

1. Would you mind revealing what the data source is?
You will need to find the data source you are using and compare it to the list of supported data sources in Refresh data in Power BI.

Power BI data sources

2. This error usually occurs when you try to connect to a data source using a dynamically generated URL.

It’s by design that most dynamic data sources cannot be refreshed in Power BI service. To determine whether your dynamic data source can be refreshed, open the Data Source Settings in Power BI Desktop, and then select the Web API data source. Then, you will see a warning message like the following screenshot which means such kind of data source can’t be refreshed in Power BI service.

vcgaomsft_0-1655176032042.png

Please refer to this related blog to edit credentials.

Credentials, Data Privacy Settings And Data Sources In Power Query

3. Or try publishing the report to a new workspace and re-add and configure the data source credentials under the gateway to check if the problem persists.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

carms_under

Hey TuckRhodes, 

This is going to sound weird but try scheduling the refresh from the "schedule refresh" button next to the dashboard name. It's working for me in a way it wasn't yesterday. 

Schedule Refresh Button.JPG

carms_under

Hey, I don't have any solution, but I want to say I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a dataset for which I was  previously able to schedule refreshes, but now no long can. Same error without telling me which datasets are at fault. Dont Support Refresh.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors