Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

hurryj

Data not in workspace after building and publishing from powerbi desktop

Hi,

I have built a dashboard in Powerbi desktop connecting to azure blob storages and Databricks SQL warehouse. I have published this to my workpace and I cannot see my datasets in my workspace just my dashboard and semantic model? Am I doing someting wrong?

I am wanting to just so 1 daily refresh and then have the DB in the SQL warehouse refresh every 30 minutes, but I can't see the datasets in workspace to look into this.

PLEASE can someone help me!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The semantic model is the new name for the dataset.  If you select the settings for the semantic model, you should be see options to refresh the data.

View solution in original post

v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blopez11 ,thanks for the quick reply, I'll add further.

Hi @hurryj ,

Regarding your question, are you talking about a configuration plan refresh? The maximum number of times a semantic model in shared capacity can be refreshed is 8 times per day. The maximum refresh time is 2 hours, and refreshing beyond this time will report an error. If your semantic model is in Premium capacity, it can be refreshed up to 48 times per day. The maximum refresh time is 5 hours.

When your dataset is too large, incremental refreshing can reduce the amount of data to be refreshed by refreshing only the data within your desired date. This improves the refresh speed and prevents the refresh from failing if the refresh time limit is exceeded. How to configure incremental refresh you can refer to the following article.

Incremental refresh for semantic models and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhouwen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blopez11 ,thanks for the quick reply, I'll add further.

Hi @hurryj ,

Regarding your question, are you talking about a configuration plan refresh? The maximum number of times a semantic model in shared capacity can be refreshed is 8 times per day. The maximum refresh time is 2 hours, and refreshing beyond this time will report an error. If your semantic model is in Premium capacity, it can be refreshed up to 48 times per day. The maximum refresh time is 5 hours.

When your dataset is too large, incremental refreshing can reduce the amount of data to be refreshed by refreshing only the data within your desired date. This improves the refresh speed and prevents the refresh from failing if the refresh time limit is exceeded. How to configure incremental refresh you can refer to the following article.

Incremental refresh for semantic models and real-time data in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

hurryj

Thank you for replying! I have a lot of data in there and can set up a daily refresh, however can i just refresh 1 dataset more frequently? I've seen online people talking about incremental refreshes, but not sure how I do this?

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The semantic model is the new name for the dataset.  If you select the settings for the semantic model, you should be see options to refresh the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors