Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JEC0210
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard Usage metrics

Hi all,

I have created a usage metrics report using the auto generated Dashboard usage metrics semantic model as a dataset. Does anyone know how often and at what time/day the refreshes occur? I know that for the auto generated report usage metrics, this refreshes daily, but I could not find when it refreshes for the dashboard version (this is the non-new usage metrics generated by PowerBI). I currently have the data filtered for last 30 days, but am finding that my date slider only shows up until the 10th of May (it is the 13th of May as I type this)

Cheers,

JEC0210 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JEC0210 ,

It can take up to 24 hours for new activity data to appear in the usage report. This is due to the processing time required to collect, aggregate, and make the data available in the usage metrics report.

Ensure that you're accounting for any time zone differences between your local time and UTC when evaluating the data's currency.

Below is the official link will help you:

Monitor report usage metrics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JEC0210 ,

It can take up to 24 hours for new activity data to appear in the usage report. This is due to the processing time required to collect, aggregate, and make the data available in the usage metrics report.

Ensure that you're accounting for any time zone differences between your local time and UTC when evaluating the data's currency.

Below is the official link will help you:

Monitor report usage metrics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors