Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

Hello everyone,

I saw all the bugs like this one but didn't find a way to solve it yet.

In Power BI Desktop it refresh ok. Each time that I publish again in PBI online, it fails and the table is always changing.

This issue appear after we add Incremental refresh on one table, we took out the table (and chats with that data) but the issue continues.

Can some one help me please?

Erro na origem de dados: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Information is needed in order to combine data"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"SQL\",\"path\":\"wptlis1sql01;Nice\"},{\"kind\":\"SQL\",\"path\":\"wptlis1sql01;Webtools\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"PrivacySetting"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Nice_Quality_Score.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solved!

Changing the Privacy Level in Power BI online as solved the refresh issue.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
msksenthil
Helper III
Helper III

Try update the Cloud connections in the Gateway and cloud connections sections of the report. 

Elvyra

hi all,

I just tried to increase meemory used to refresh the report.

Worked for me.
Open it via PBI desktop

Elvyra_0-1710760751030.png

Uthayakumar
Regular Visitor

I have faced same problem. But done manual refresh using refresh now option ,it will work properly . Anyone find premanent solution for this schedule refresh issue.

Srini1855
Frequent Visitor

why doess it marked as resolved , when there is no solution ........... someone needs to address this from microsoft

MBOUBAKRI
Regular Visitor

hello , i have the same problem ,help please 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solved!

Changing the Privacy Level in Power BI online as solved the refresh issue.

I Tried changing the privacy level but still facing the same issue, but now sometimes dataset is refreshed, and after sometime data refresh failed with the same error.

I am using postgres as my data source to the dataflow. And using dataflow to create dataset.

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Detail","detail":{"type":1,"value":"https://api.powerbi.com/powerbi/globalservice/v201606/clusterdetails"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: AQI OIZOM_DEVICEDATA.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: c243b57d-3a6f-48b9-aa7b-6af9d1ce0e7f
Request ID: 408340f0-da90-a082-88f6-dbe3fc58ea53
Time: 2023-10-20 03:34:45Z

That points to data source or network instability.

What is the gateway version?

Anonymous
Not applicable

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This thread has a lot of suggestions that you can try.

Information is needed in order to combine data err... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help.

Most of the suggestions I already tryed before and it didn't work.
I try more things that was in this article but still same error.

Checking how you eventually resolved this

Hi @KoketsoM 

Same issue here. I tried different privace levels and nothing so far. 

Would be curious if this is resolved or someone resolved the issue.

I am using the Oracle Autonomous Database (Cloud based)

Could connect with PBI desktop. Configured Gateway as instructions.

I used the same gateway to other sources (SQL on prem) and all working fine. Just Oracle I am having those issues.

Regards

Having the same issue at our end And its not resolved nor should MS Ignore it.

Changed the Privacy Levels as suggested and it worked twice, then reverted back to the error again.  Whether using the Refresh Now or Scheduled Refresh. Issue continues.

Report updates without issue inside the PBI desktop.

My query tries to combine a query of the contents of two XML files.

Its a pretty basic read of plain text.

I should also add - Why should Privacy Levels mean anything anyway when the report has the following Privacy Setting...

shaunwilks_0-1714093662983.png

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Information is needed in order to combine data"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors