Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

eyates
Frequent Visitor

DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError

Can someone help me understand what this error message is talking about?

I saw people suggest checking if the table names in the power .pbix file and table names in the data source match, which they do, so I'm at a loss on what the issue could be.

• Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The key didn't match any rows in the table."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[workspaceId = \"ac9c21af-1e5d-42a5-8674-6d51fbf61c02\"]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Table","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"workspaceId\", \"workspaceName\", \"workspaceType\", \"Tags\"}, {})"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Primary Call Center.

Every time I check this error message, the Table name changes to a different table.

We've updated the gateway as well as rebooted the data source db and I still get this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
eyates
Frequent Visitor

I rebooted the server, but that didn't clear the issue either. Instead, I ended up going to the settings for the dataset, going to the Gateways sections changing the On-Prem Dataflows mapping to blank, and changing the cloud Dataflows to a personal connection.

eyates_0-1699537807470.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
eyates
Frequent Visitor

I rebooted the server, but that didn't clear the issue either. Instead, I ended up going to the settings for the dataset, going to the Gateways sections changing the On-Prem Dataflows mapping to blank, and changing the cloud Dataflows to a personal connection.

eyates_0-1699537807470.png

Hi @eyates 

Could you update to the latest version of PBI Desktop, open the PBIX and upload again.

Could you also download and install the latest version of the On-Premise Gateway and see if that resolves your error?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @eyates 

This normally happens when your data source has got Keys that are used in relationships are missing. This then causes it to error. I would suggest refreshing the dataset by opening Power BI desktop and see if the error occurs there which will allow you to fix the error.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ 

Thanks for your reply. I was able to refresh successfully in Power BI Desktop. It's only when I try and refresh the dataset in Power BI Serice that I get the issue.

I should note that I have a Power BI Dataflow within the same workspace which the dataset uses in many of its tables as the source. This was working fine a month ago, but then when we updated the gateway we had nothing but issues.

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. Please let me know if you found any solution

I would suggest taking a look at your dataset's settings in the Gateway section. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors