Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tumuju
Frequent Visitor

Custom visuals not displaying

I have a number of custom visuals that display correctly in Power BI Desktop but when I publish the visuals to Power BI Service,

I get the following error "This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue".

When I do web inspect of the visual, I see this error message

"Refused to display 'https://app.powerbi.com/' in a frame. The embedder requires it to enforce the following Content Security Policy: 'default-src https://app.powerbi.com data: blob: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval' ;'. However, the frame neither accepts that policy using the Allow-CSP-From header nor delivers a Content Security Policy which is at least as strong as that one."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tumuju
Frequent Visitor

Issue resolved on its own. It seems it was a problem with Microsoft site for power BI.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tumuju
Frequent Visitor

Issue resolved on its own. It seems it was a problem with Microsoft site for power BI.

cnschulz
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hello, 

We are seeing this in teh Power BI Desktop RS client. Our on-prem server has no problems rendering but the custom visuals do not render in the client. I am unable to get web debug logs from the PBI client but it seem like the very same issue.

Hello @cnschulz 

I'm experiencing the same issue, did you manage to resolve it?
What are the version Power BI Desktop RS, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge WebView2 that are installed on your machine?

On the machine with the issue I have:

* Power BI Desktop RS January 2023 2.112.1421.0

* Microsoft Edge 120.0.2210.91

* Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime 120.0.2210.91

Thanks in advance for the time you will spend ansering my questions, it may help me to troubleshoot this issue.

Hi Mario,

Some of our customers are having the same experience (identical versions as you have). Did you find any fix or solution?

Michel

mattfuller1977

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Power BI dashboard displas fine except for the visual that is 'Calendar Visual by MAQ Software'. It works for me (as an PBI admin) but not for any of our non-admins. Was working fine until recently.

Thanks,
Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors