Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dmkblesser
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot publish report to Power BI service. Don't have access to publish to this workspace.

There is one report I downloaded from a workspace, and I cannot publish it back to the workspace. When I tried to publish it, I received this error: 

dmkblesser_0-1693424454115.png

I do have member access to the workspace, and I also asked my colleague to try it as she has the admin access to the workspace. Both attempts failed. None of us are the original creator of the report as the creator of the report is on leave at the moment. 

We have also tried to publish it to a different workspace which we have access to and received the same error message. 

We also tried using the upload command from Power BI service and that didn't work either. 

The report is connecting to SQL database which I have access to and as well as Power BI datasets from a report lives a different workspace, which I have access to that report as well. 

Can someone advise what's the cause of the error message and where I can get more details of the error? There isn't any error details with the prompt for us to investigate the actual cause. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dmkblesser
Helper I
Helper I

Found the issue. From Power BI service, I found one of the Power BI dataset is not shared with this report. Although the connections are already there in the Power BI report and that report has been published in the past. 

The fix is to delete the connection from the data sources and reconnect the data source again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dmkblesser
Helper I
Helper I

Found the issue. From Power BI service, I found one of the Power BI dataset is not shared with this report. Although the connections are already there in the Power BI report and that report has been published in the past. 

The fix is to delete the connection from the data sources and reconnect the data source again. 

JoeBarry
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @dmkblesser 

Just to troubleshoot, but do you have a Power BI Pro or Premium per User licence? If you don't you wont be allowed to publish to the Service.

Thanks

Joe

Hi @JoeBarry, thanks for the response. I do have PPU licence. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors