Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chan997
Regular Visitor

Cannot access 1 premium workspaces, but can access others. User setting is "member" but dont work.

Hi, I'm unable to access only one particular workspace in my organization's premium content, but no problems with other workspaces. These workspaces are managed by the same premium user(administrator) and we are scratching our heads wondering what could have happened.

This is the message whenever that particular workspace is clicked on, and even selecting 'Not Now', it redirects me to my personal workspace instead of the premium workspace.

chanwf_0-1655473678808.png

My administrator has told me that my membership of this workspace is the same as the rest (ie member), but we dont know why i cannot access this particular one. 

chanwf_1-1655473807442.png

I can access the report directly when my administrator shared me the direct link to the report, and  can even edit the report.

Has it got something with the grey crossed status at the members status?

Help is really much appreciated...

Regards

ps: my colleagues can access this particular workspace, has any of it to do with my microsoft account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chan997
Regular Visitor

hey, thanks all, we finally figured it out. I was in 2 different groups accessing this page, and the other group has members access but I dont have a pro account. Once I belonged to a viewer group, I could access the workspace.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
chan997
Regular Visitor

hey, thanks all, we finally figured it out. I was in 2 different groups accessing this page, and the other group has members access but I dont have a pro account. Once I belonged to a viewer group, I could access the workspace.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chan997 

Did you compare the difference between your account and your colleague account ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

chan997
Regular Visitor

Hi, thanks for your time!

I'm a free user, but the problem is that my colleagues are also a free users but they can access the workspace that i'm not allowed. It seems only my account cannot, and only this particular one.

Below are the workspaces shared to me where i can acess all except that particular one with a red cross. Has it got something to do with some settings or conflicts on the report vs workspace access?

chanwf_0-1655691344341.png

Thanks!

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi

The error message says that you don't have Pro license. can you check what is your Power BI license. Is it free or Pro? You should be able to access if you are a Pro. 

Click your profile icon on the top right to check the license type

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

I agree with @Hariharan_R in that it appears you do not have a Pro license.  You can interact with a shared report because it resides in a workspace backed by premium capacity.  But you require a Pro license to access the workspace when you have been granted a role higher than the Viewer role

Please see Roles in the new workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors