Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

BI Report Refreshes on Desktop / Error Refreshing in Service

Hello

As the subject line states, I created a report via BI Desktop and when I publish the report to BI Service the report does not refresh.
I am receiving a error message that I do not understand.  Any advice?

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Microsoft SQL: Invalid column name 't0_0'."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Class","detail":{"type":1,"value":"16"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SQL"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"data.fadavis.com;datawarehouse"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2146232060"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Invalid column name 't0_0'."}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Number","detail":{"type":1,"value":"207"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Lookup_Rolling_Published_PubDate.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST2-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 7431ea3a-ab96-412b-89bf-78feaadb704e
Request ID: a294c60a-76d0-85f1-f724-ef92fba377f5
Time: 2023-04-04 18:44:33Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I just got my BI report to Refresh in BI Service.
I think this must be a bug. 
In my table, I used a transformation (Power Query) to sort by date.  By removing the Sort step the report was then able to refresh in Service.  (In reviewing, the Sort step wasn't actually needed)

Not sure why Sorting caused this issue, but this was how I resolved my issue after many trial and errors.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mscla
Frequent Visitor

In my case, I deleted all the sorted rows and left the Appended Query to the end of steps

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @IamTDR 

The error is saying that there is an invalid column name 't0_0' which is coming from your table "Lookup_Rolling_Published_PubDat"

If you can please make sure that the gateway server can read the source SQL Server.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks for the reply. 
This is the confusing part. No field in that table is named that. Actually the table listed is rather small. I even tried to do a test and remove said table but the refresh error still existed but then named another table. 

Also noticed that Dashboards with tiles linked to this report I cannot even delete now. Very strange indeed. 

Hi @IamTDR 

That is really weird what happens if you try it again?

Also is it possible to monitor your SQL Server when it is refreshing to see what query is being sent?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I just got my BI report to Refresh in BI Service.
I think this must be a bug. 
In my table, I used a transformation (Power Query) to sort by date.  By removing the Sort step the report was then able to refresh in Service.  (In reviewing, the Sort step wasn't actually needed)

Not sure why Sorting caused this issue, but this was how I resolved my issue after many trial and errors.

IamTDR
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Tried multiple times during the day all the same results. Curious what happens after a refresh over night. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors