Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

April 2021 Update causes shapes created in previous versions to flash when embedded

I had built a report in previous versions of Power BI Desktop and published it to Power BI Service.  We embedded the report in a custom web app and everything worked fine.  When the April 2021 update was rolled out to Power BI Desktop and I published the report the shapes used as background objects started flashing in the embedded version.

I am posting this for awareness because I was able to resolve the issue.  I had to delete all of the shapes and recreate them all.  In my case it was only 10 shapes across 3 tabs but this could be a real pain for someone with a larger report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for letting people know. Please also be aware that the embedded side of Power BI runs at a different pace to the Power BI Service.

Look out for the updates in the Embedded section of the Power BI updates blog.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for letting people know. Please also be aware that the embedded side of Power BI runs at a different pace to the Power BI Service.

Look out for the updates in the Embedded section of the Power BI updates blog.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors