Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allow user to create their own chart

We have given our users a data table in PowerBI online. We have not allowed them to download the table (for security reasons). I am wondering if there is a way we can allow our users to create their own chart online on the PowerBI dashboard (e.g. all the columns are in the data table and the user can drag the required columns to create their own bar chart, pie chart, etc.). We don't want the user to download the data and do this in excel - we want to keep the data in the table in PowerBI online. And any chart the user may create doesn't need to be saved - it is there so that the user can view graphics.

I am wondering if this is possible with PowerBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
connect
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Ashu_,
thank you for asking the question. You can use personalized visuals option in Power BI. 
Here is the link for complete information on personalized visuals in Power BI & how to turned it on: 

Let users personalize visuals in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Furthermore, you can adjust various export settings too.

Next to it, end users can used personalized bookmarks where they can create or personalized their own view and can set us default view. This won't affect any other users view. They can perform this operation on Power BI Service Portal.

Here is the link: Overview of bookmarks in Power BI service reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

please accept the solution if it resolves your challenge. 
power-bi-personal.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
connect
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Ashu_,
thank you for asking the question. You can use personalized visuals option in Power BI. 
Here is the link for complete information on personalized visuals in Power BI & how to turned it on: 

Let users personalize visuals in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Furthermore, you can adjust various export settings too.

Next to it, end users can used personalized bookmarks where they can create or personalized their own view and can set us default view. This won't affect any other users view. They can perform this operation on Power BI Service Portal.

Here is the link: Overview of bookmarks in Power BI service reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

please accept the solution if it resolves your challenge. 
power-bi-personal.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors