Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hany
Regular Visitor

embed powerbi report server

Hi All 

i have power bi Report Server (On Premise ) stand alon server and i want to dispaly server report in my .netcore application 

i already used iframe to embed the report with parameter- rs:embed=true-

but still ask me for report server authentication username and password 

is there is away to integrate with powerbi report server back to back through apis so i can display the report without asking user to put username and password again 

i want exmple if it's avaialabe .

thnaks ,

3 REPLIES 3
Hany
Regular Visitor

Hello thanks For your Replay 

but still the issue i cannot open report server without asking for username and password 
i need away to embed report server in my .netcore application back to back using APIS or something like that 

So i can Avoid This Message Of Authencation 

Hany_1-1713080372308.png

Have you tried to add the server to the "Trusted sites"?

Then hit custom level, scroll right to the bottom and change User Authentication > Logon > Automatic logon with current user name and password.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hany ,

According to our experience, if it is windows authentication, you can realize the following way to automatically use the AD user who is currently logged into this computer to log into the PBIRS web page, so that the user does not need to enter the login information when opening the report.
The specific way is as follows.
CMD enter inetcpl.cpl, enter
 Internet Properties->Security, select Local Intranet, click sites, add PBIRS web page to Local Intranet.

vrongtiepmsft_0-1712197396396.png

Click Custom level, make sure your current User Authentication selection is Automatic logon only in Intranet zone (this is the default).

vrongtiepmsft_1-1712197465946.png

You can append PBIRS pages to the local intranet via domain policy push, eliminating the need to manually append from each client.

Authentication with the report server - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Learn

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.