Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

amaaiia
Helper V
Helper V

Send reports by email as PDF applying some filters

I want to set up an automated weekly email delivery to users of a report in Power BI. Additionally, I want to filter each report by the following columns:

Machine: Collects the identifying IDs of each machine. In this case, the report may include info from one or more machines, not necessarily just one. If more than one machine is selected, the report is going to show the combined info from the machines selected.
Day: Users should be able to choose one or several days, so that if multiple days are selected, a date range is chosen. For example, the user may want to retrieve data from February 23rd to February 27th.
WorkShift: This column stores data on shifts for a specific day (morning, afternoon, and night). It is also multi-selectable, so that the user can get info from both afternoon and night shifts for a specific date range (selected previously in WorkShift variable).

A case report for these filters could be the following:
An user wants to get information from Machines 7, 10 and 12; from the last 7 days (19/02-26/02) and for morning and afternoon shifts (excluding nights).
The report may get the info from all these filters, calculate specific KPIs based in this info and retrieve the specific results displayed in the report by email.

I've tried both Subscribe to Report function in Power BI (in Fabric) and Power Automate (connected to Fabric, also), but I've gotten the following problems:
- Subscribe to Report function: this just gives me the possibility to do a simple selection, not a multi-selection. For instance, if I choose in the filters 2 machines and 4 days, this functionality sends me 8 different report emails (1 per machine and day). I want the combined info, not the info separately.
- Power Automate: I don't know how to set this multi-selection functionality in Power Automate, I just know how to send the full report.

2 REPLIES 2
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

If you talking about paginated reports (in both PBI service and PBI RS], then it is possible, you can select multiple values in report parameter in subscription settings, and this generated single report with this parameters.

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amaaiia ,

Sorry, so far, to my knowledge, this may not be achieveable.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.