Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

capricon
Regular Visitor

SSRS with power bi

i face some error when i connect to report server 

so first when i click on add data .. 

capricon_0-1709812077727.png

then i click on report server 

capricon_1-1709812105164.png

so wheen i click on report server and enter details 

capricon_2-1709812234058.png

this shows ane error

capricon_3-1709812261698.png

FOR DATA set i create and save dataset from report builder 

capricon_4-1709812301626.png

and SAVE here

capricon_5-1709812336697.png

then dataset save here on portal 

capricon_6-1709812374983.png

there is no error in connection and connection succedd

capricon_7-1709812418933.png

but still i face error

any solution please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Which version are you on? PBIRS and SQL Server?

Install the Power BI Desktop for Report Server in the correct version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55329

You may have already downloaded this when you downloaded the Report Server installation!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
atuljha
Regular Visitor

If you intend to use it for Dashboard, you need to install the latest version of the PBI Desktop (for Report Server, not PBIS, they are different)
If this is PBIRS, then you should use Report builder for Power BI (Download Microsoft® Power BI Report Builder from Official Microsoft Download Center)

With that said, this could be one of the security setups, where Server Admin has not authorized users to connect to the dataset out of server (via local computer). to circumvent that, you should have your reports built with SQL connectors and publish the connectors.

The screenshot with the error message is "user friendly". If you have access to the server, take a look at event logs, and RS Server logs to take a look at the actual error message. if the log file is limited, update the rsreportserver.config for verbose logging, then regenerate the error, and look at the log files again.

The only time i saw this message was when our report server db was moved, and we forgot to reconfigure the server to the right database. so updating the rsconfig (then service restart) helped get rid of the error.

@atuljha hi inshort will you please specify what i should do ? i am am facing this error while using 

SQL Server Mobile Report Publisher 

Microsft Report builder

capricon_1-1710135312210.png

Which version are you on? PBIRS and SQL Server?

Install the Power BI Desktop for Report Server in the correct version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55329

You may have already downloaded this when you downloaded the Report Server installation!

ChrisMuthmann
Resolver II
Resolver II

Which version are you on?

SQL Server Mobile Report Publisher is deprecated for all releases of SQL Server Reporting Services after SQL Server Reporting Services 2019. It is discontinued starting in SQL Server Reporting Services 2022 and Power BI Report Server.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/mobile-reports/create-a-reporting-services-...

i am uisng this 

capricon_0-1710135225079.png

@ChrisMuthmann 

@ChrisMuthmann  so now what should i do ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors