Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rasknud33
Advocate I
Advocate I

Datset updates - Power BI report does not

For the past week I have been having issues with my Power BI Report.

I have a Power BI Report that is shared with many users. I frequently makes changes in the desktop version and the re-publish and thereby overwrite the report. For the past week I have been getting this mistake when publishing "publishing is complete. However we couldn't refresh your dataset". However my dataset does update but the report visuals does not. Any edits (adding visuals, renaming pages etc.) in the report are not showing in the Power BI service. I don't want to delete the report and re-publish the report (which solves the issue) as I will have to re-share with all people I've manually made it available to, dashboard using the report will break etc.

Any ideas how to fix this? It feels like when I publish something has happened and the report is simply not updating. 

I have cleared all browser caches etc. so this is not related to local caching.

1 REPLY 1
dfealko
Employee
Employee

I am having the same issue.  The error I get is as follows:

"

Something went wrong

An unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue continues, please contact support.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 90b45c12-2e88-4a5b-847d-50d3aef20d7a
Request ID: 13be37fa-d175-46df-b288-d0f7f708bfff
Time: 2023-01-26 01:58:36Z

"

What support is there other than this forum?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.