Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Databits
Advocate I
Advocate I

Audience Management Issue: Power BI does NOT order in alphabetical order the users

In a Power BI app, Audience Management has a major issue, where Power BI audience modules DO NOT order in alphabetical order the users and becomes a nightmare to manage 100s of users to even see if they are in a specific group already.... How can I order those audience modules in alphabetical order? or is this just a bad design we have to deal with?

2 REPLIES 2
99_pct
Frequent Visitor

I found (accidentally) a part-workaround for this...

Having gone to the Update App page and to the (3) Audience page, if you click on 'Update App' (bottom right), then click 'Update' in the confirmation pop up, then on the next pop up that says "Successfully Published", click on 'Close' (to go back to the Edit App page). The list of names in the Edit Audience panel now appears alphabetically.

Hope that works for you to.  

Lolewis
Regular Visitor

Yes, I agree. We have hundreds on a list and there is no way to find a specific user to remove without just scrolling though the list. I've ended up copying the list and pasting it into Word or Excel so I can search for it to know where to look in the list. This would be a very helpful feeature. Please add it. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.